The Bench Dedication Program offers donors the opportunity to create a lasting reminder or a living legacy by dedicating a bench at one of our parks. Each bench can carry a unique story through the words engraved, including dedications in memory of a loved one, in celebration of a special event such as a birth or marriage, in honor of a fallen hero, or a declaration of endearing love.
Bench Dedication Program Policy
1. This policy is designed to enable residents and park users to support Sunny Isles Beach parks through a contribution. Contributions will be acknowledged by a plaque. The plaque is symbolic of the donation and does not entitle the donor to ownership of the particular donated element.
2. Complete funding for the donation must be processed before the commencement of any work. The current donation levels are stated herein. These amounts may be adjusted periodically.
3. A donation period will last 5 years.
4. The Cultural and Community Services Department of the City of Sunny Isles Beach retains the right to relocate a donated element and plaque at any time. If an element needs to be relocated, the Department will contact the donor to discuss alternative locations; the Department, however, will make the final determination.
5. The donor shall select a bench from the existing undedicated park benches.
6. A maximum of 2 lines of text and 25 characters per line is permitted on the plaque. Text is subject to the approval of the Department.
For more information, call the Cultural & Community Services Department of the City of Sunny Isles Beach, at 305.792.1706.
Current Dedicated Benches
- Heritage Park
- Intracoastal Parks
- Samson Oceanfront Park
- Senator Gwen Margolis Park